Common Questions About CloudBatch Answered
After hosting our webinar last week, we’ve compiled a list of common questions asked about CloudBatch to help clarify various aspects of the service.
- What is included in the monthly subscription?
The monthly subscription includes CloudBatch software and hardware – the software will always be the latest version, and the hardware has a product guarantee whereas if it breaks (not by human error) we’ll replace it.
- What type of maintenance is required for CloudBatch?
Sysdyne updates and maintains the software, there is no software maintenance required. CloudBatch hardware is powered by the best PAC technology available which ensures reliability with the option of a lifetime warranty on parts.
- How does the unified database between dispatch and batch work?
When a user enters a new mix design for the plant, it becomes available immediately in both batch and dispatch. This holds true for customers, projects, orders, materials/constituents, tickets, drivers, trucks, and inventory information. Using a unified database, dispatch and batch become one system.
- Can I upgrade my current Pioneer® batch control to CloudBatch?
Yes, we have an upgrade path for current Pioneer batch customers, please contact a Sysdyne sales representative for more information
- Can you use CloudBatch with other dispatch systems?
Yes, you’ll be able to use CloudBatch with other dispatch systems.
- Can I have my batch man load concrete using a tablet?
Yes, multiple users can use a tablet, phone, or PC to access the program.
- What about support?
24-7 support is included in the monthly fees – Our support team is based in the US. You should be able to quickly solve your problem with whoever answers the phone.
- If at the end of a batch, the batch man adds some material manual. Is this easy to identify on reports?
All manual batched materials are captured in the system, and it can be easily detected on a report or on the batch screen.
- What if I lose internet connection?
Sysdyne CloudBatch will automatically switch to offline mode so batch operators can continue to batch without losing any time or data. Batch data obtained while being in the offline mode will be pushed up to the cloud once the internet connection is re-established.
- If something goes wrong with the product’s parts, what happens?
We don’t use proprietary parts – If you know the part that you need, you’ll be able to get it. If you need us to ship you the part with our subscription model, we will do just that. It’s all included.
- How long is my data saved?
Data is securely backed-up and saved for as long as the subscription is active.
Additional Questions Asked
- What if you don’t want to do the subscription model?
We can work with you on that.
- Is there any down payment if you go as a service?
Yes, the down payment covers the first 3 months of the SaaS fees and Labor.
- If I add a new Cement Silo in the plant, and I want to control this new silo with CloudBatch, what do I need to do?
As long as there is I/O available we can add the new Cement Silo easily – All the work can be done remotely.
- What process keeps weigh-up from over tolerance?
We use a complex logic system that takes into consideration the load size, amount of free fall materials, and jog tables to prevent weigh-up from going over tolerance.
- How does CloudBatch control the concrete plant?
Sysdyne CloudBatch controls the concrete plant similar to a typical batch control system. This includes a batch panel or junction box that is wired to the physical plant. CloudBatch software controls the plant by sending control signals to the batch panel.
- How do you track the trucks?
Truck Tracking is part of our ConcreteGO cloud dispatch system.
- Does CloudBatch require J box upgrades?
If you currently have Pioneer® hardware, it does not require hardware upgrade.
- Can I batch for someone while I am not at the Plant?
Yes, if your batch man at the Plant logs out, any internet-enabled device can be used to access the entire batch system.
- Can you use CloudBatch with existing hardware?
That would need to be explored on an individual basis, but we can do an assessment if needed. As a reminder, our SaaS model pricing includes the hardware.
- Do I need to have ConcreteGO to use CloudBatch?
No. CloudBatch will work with third-party dispatch systems using the Universal Link protocol.
- Does a manual panel work with CloudBatch?
Yes, but keep in mind anything that you do with the PC off will not be recorded.
- Can you mix-and-match?
Yes, it can be mix-and-match. We work with customers on their roll-out plan.
- Will CloudBatch work with older plant automation systems?
Hardware from older plant automation systems are not compatible with CloudBatch.
- Can a User view all of our plants?
It will depend on the roles assigned. Users will be able to view all plants they have been assigned permissions to.
- How do you ensure that an observer can’t control the plant?
One User can control the plant at a time. If a User (User 1) is logged in and operating a plant and another User (User 2) logs in, the new User (User 2) will be an observer. Observers can view what’s happening at the plant, make feed or discharge-adjustment configurations, but do not have permission to batch.
Couldn’t make the webinar last week? Reach out to us with any unanswered questions you may have, and keep an eye out for our next LIVE webinar!